After a gas leak scare that took crews over an hour to investigate, all shops at the Danville Livery were back up and running Wednesday, the area having been cleared as safe.
The district received a call at 11:06 a.m. reporting a gas odor at the northwest corner of the Danville Livery, a shopping center located at the intersection of Sycamore Valley Road and San Ramon Valley Boulevard, according to Lon Phares, San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District deputy chief of operations.
The district's hazardous materials team along with PG&E inspectors were sent to the site and isolated the area, and a handful of businesses surrounding the potentially affected area closed while the inspection was taking place, Phares said.
The on-scene investigation lasted between 1-1.5 hours, during which time monitors did not detect any gas, Phares said. Businesses reopened immediately after the scene was cleared.