News

Bank robbed near Blackhawk

Culprit flees scene and remains at-large, Danville police say

A Wells Fargo bank branch just outside Blackhawk was robbed Tuesday afternoon and the culprit remains at-large, according to Danville Police Chief Allan Shields.

The robbery occurred around 2:20 p.m. at the bank in the Tassajara Crossing shopping center on the 3000 block of Camino Tassajara in eastern Danville, Shields said.

A man entered the bank, handed the teller a note demanding money and then left with an undisclosed amount of cash, according to Shields. The robber was last seen running through the parking lot outside the nearby Safeway.

The culprit is described as an African-American man in his mid-to-late 20s, with a medium-to-skinny build and a facial deformity around one eye. He wore blue jeans, a black-and-white flannel shirt and a black beanie.

Anyone with information about the robbery can contact Det. Sgt. Ron Hoekwater at 314-3700.

Comments

15 people like this
Posted by American
on Feb 14, 2018 at 7:32 am

Photograph shows he is not wearing gloves. Assuming he left the note with the teller, the F.B.I.(bank robbery jurisdiction) will most likely be able to get D.N.A. from it, and if he is in the system will be able to i.d. him immediately. The photograph is also surprisingly of good quality, and the eye deformity will also greatly enhance the chance of a quick i.d. If I was a betting man, he will be arrested within a week.

5 people like this
Posted by Resident
a resident of Blackhawk
on Feb 16, 2018 at 7:05 am

Let me get this straight, a man walked into a bank and handed the teller a note asking for money and she gave it to him. That doesnt sound like a robbery to me. Sounds like the teller needs better training. I ask for things all the time and I am told no. Now if he had a weapon or was acting hostile that is another story, but from the article it sounds like he just requested some money and it was freely giving to him.

2 people like this
Posted by To American
on Feb 16, 2018 at 8:10 am

Yes, thank goodness for that famous "DNA SYSTEM"

4 people like this
Posted by Steve
on Feb 17, 2018 at 8:22 am

Blackhawk Resident,
Try it at your local bank and see if the FBI agrees with you.

3 people like this
Posted by Ken M
on Feb 22, 2018 at 9:42 am

"If I was a betting man, he will be arrested within a week." - American

I was hoping you were going to win your bet, but it's been over a week, and I don't see an update on this guy. Here's hoping they catch him!

Like this comment
Posted by Seth
on Feb 23, 2018 at 7:47 am

Seth is a registered user.

Ken, these days it seems the police force is only interested in catching good people. I say that because we are paying a fortune in tickets for simply driving too fast to and from work or not stopping completely at a stop sign. How ridiculous is that? We, the law abiding citizens, are getting ripped off left and right by the police while the complete loser who robbed the bank is off running free ready to strike his next target. And now, they want to take our guns because they think they can 'protect' us! Give me a break!! They will never take our protection. The majority of this country is old fashioned and can protect themselves. California is becoming loony! I am making plans to move soon.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Couples: Philosophy of Love