SRVUSD offers interdistrict transfers to Bay Area families

Availability is limited but available for students living outside district

Families that live outside of the San Ramon Valley Unified School District will now be given the opportunity to seek an interdistrict transfer and enroll their children at SRVUSD schools.

Availability is limited but so long as they meet the district's qualifications, students of all ages could be able to attend SRVUSD schools, regardless of where they live.

“SRVUSD has streamlined the enrollment request process for eligible families who reside in other Bay Area communities, reducing the stress of finding a high-performing new school,” Elizabeth Graswich, director of communications and community relations, said in a statement.

In order to transfer, interested parents or guardians must obtain an interdistrict transfer approval document from their home school district. If the student is in middle or high school they must also submit their academic, discipline and attendance records to be reviewed by the district.

Families interested in enrolling one or more of their children should start by checking with their home districts to see their policies on transferring students out of district. Some districts will send the appropriate paperwork to the SRVUSD, but in other cases the family will have to acquire and file the necessary transfer documents.

If approved, families will be notified via email to begin the enrollment process.

“SRVUSD is one of California’s top performing school districts,” Graswich said, describing the desirability of the district. “More than 98% of its students graduate from high school, and 95% of those grads plan to attend college, with 71% attending a four-year university.”

Graswich also mentioned SRVUSD’s modern school facilities, college placement courses and the “exceptionally” high ranking district students earn in college placement exams such as the ACT and SAT.

We can't do it without you.
Support local journalism.


9 people like this
Posted by Dan
a resident of Danville
on Jul 7, 2018 at 8:16 am

Yep, we have a great school district. One of the reasons are the bonds we have passed and are still paying for. Lots of volunteering by local residents helps as well.

Still think we should charge out of district students as their parents are getting a free ride. Then there are the parents who give their home address as Bishop Ranch and live elsewhere. Sweet deal for them also.

Like this comment
Posted by Mrsz2
a resident of Danville
on Jul 9, 2018 at 7:46 am

I am unimpressed with our public schools and am glad all my children have graduated. Each year, something worse than the prior year happens to a student.... many of the facts are not fully reported in the news. We need to bring in children from outside the district to fill in the void for those families who are leaving our public schools and sending their children to private schools. Yes, we pay for the school bonds with our tax dollars but the schools also receive federal funding based on number of students attending the school thus the need to open up enrollment to those outside the district to keep those federal funds flowing.

Like this comment
Posted by Frustrated parent
a resident of San Ramon
on Jul 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm

As it is, there are only 2 kindergarten classrooms at Twin Creeks, AM and PM are needed because the classes are too full. All parents want AM but are not given it. Now they're going to bring in more kids from other areas? What about the overcrowding that will happen when the kids from the new developments currently being built in San Ramon move in? Wonder if there was really any thought in this decision. So great to hear that my tax dollars are going to fund overcrowding in the schools. Are taxes going to be collected from the out of area families that will be coming in? Only fair right? We pay a lot higher taxes from all of the bonds because we have a high rated school district, still unsafe, but highly rated. Just really sux here being a parent of school age children now. Really do need to move out of state

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Be the first to know

Get the latest headlines sent straight to your inbox every day.

Talking sports and life with Tommy Dyer
By Tim Hunt | 1 comment | 1,467 views

Couples: Thanks
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 441 views