News

Taco ’bout trouble: San Ramon Chipotle briefly closes due to grease fire

Restaurant is expected to reopen soon

San Ramon residents looking to purchase a burrito or guacamole-drenched fajita had to look somewhere other than the local Chipotle Mexican Grill on Tuesday, due to the restaurant temporarily closing after a small grease fire.

The fire happened in the kitchen on Monday afternoon. The restaurant had to close down while efforts were made to clean the area, but Chipotle is expected to reopen Wednesday, if not sooner.

"The fire was very minor, they actually had it put out before we got there," San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District officials said, adding that no one was hurt in the fire.

While the fire did result in minor damage to the kitchen area, the structure remains unharmed and cleanup will only cover the kitchen area. SRVFPD officials saw no reason why the restaurant wouldn't be able to reopen after repairs are made.

Chipoptle's corporate office did not respond to requests for comment. A sign posted on the restaurant's doors apologized for any inconvenience.

We can't do it without you.
Support local journalism.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Be the first to know

Get the latest headlines sent straight to your inbox every day.

Couples: Write a Personal Ad . . . to Your Partner . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 1,702 views

I’ve been Hacked! Insulted, too.
By Tom Cushing | 8 comments | 1,066 views

Three Alameda County Supervisors vote thumbs down on public safety
By Tim Hunt | 0 comments | 538 views

The Immersive Experience: Monet at the de Young, February 16 to May 27
By John A. Barry and Bill Carmel | 1 comment | 179 views