The San Ramon Valley Unified School District is searching for residents to serve on its Facilities Oversight and Advisory Committee (FOAC), which advises the school board on current and future school facility needs and overseeing Measure D bond spending, among other tasks.
FOAC is a voluntary advisory committee comprised of at least seven SRVUSD residents who will each serve a two-year term and meet at least four times a year.
Applications from interested residents must be submitted by next Monday (Jan. 7).
According to district officials, while FOAC members will be used to advise the Board of Education on a variety of issues, key responsibilities include:
* Providing oversight of Measure D facilities bond projects and expenditures.
* Reviewing current and future SRVUSD facilities and master plans and provide recommendations to the Board and district management on the priority of implementation.
* Reviewing the financial and performance audits and submit an annual report to the Board of Education.
* Reviewing and providing recommendations related to district standards and long term maintenance.
* Reviewing and providing recommendations on the development of a comprehensive list of facilities priorities that would require additional revenue sources.
* Reviewing and recommending solutions for the proper protection of the community’s investment in maintaining school facilities.
In order to ensure that the committee contains a diverse set of skills and knowledge, the district requires it to be comprised of representatives from the following areas:
* One member shall be active in a business organization representing the business community located within the school district.
* One member shall be active in a senior citizens’ organization.
* One member shall be active in a bona fide taxpayers’ organization.
* One member shall be both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the school district and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the PTA or a school site council.
Applications can be accessed online or in person at the SRVUSD Ed Center 699 Old Orchard Drive, Danville, and returned to the same address or emailed to email@example.com.
For more information contact executive assistant to the superintendent Cindy Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 552-2933.