San Ramon Valley Unified School District officials are seeking community feedback on the district’s annual Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) update, and they are asking students, staff and parents to participate in an informational survey online.
The LCAP is a comprehensive three-year, district-level plan that lists the SRVUSD’s goals, how it plans to achieve those goals and establishes the metrics that will be used to measure progress, according to the SRVUSD.
“SRVUSD would like you to share your thoughts on the district's performance,” SRVUSD officials said in the survey. “Your feedback is essential to the district, and we appreciate your thoughtful responses. All responses will remain anonymous, and will only be reported to the district in the aggregate.”
The survey should take approximately 20 minutes and is scheduled to close on Feb. 19 at 5 p.m. It is available online for parents and district staff; students in grades five through 12 will be asked to complete the survey during school hours.
SRVUSD’s current 2018-19 LCAP has established eight key goals:
* Continue recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining the best and most highly qualified candidates and market SRVUSD as a school district that embraces diversity.
* Provide standards-based instructional materials (including technology and assistive technology support) for all students and professional development for teachers.
* Increase the percentage of students who demonstrate college, career and community readiness.
* Increase the percentage of students who feel connected to and safe at school and decrease the overall percentage of suspensions and expulsions as well as the disparity among subgroups.
* Allocate and increase funding to school sites to support implementation of school site plan goals and other necessary expenses.
* Expand course offerings to increase opportunities for all students.
* Narrow the achievement gap among all subgroups in the areas of (English language arts) and mathematics.
* Increase parent involvement among all subgroups.