The Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors is calling on residents to nominate exceptional young people for its 2020 Contra Costa County Youth Hall of Fame awards.
Presented annually to Contra Costa County residents aged 12 to 18, the awards seek to recognize the outstanding contributions the county’s youth population has made toward making the region a better place to live.
Nominations must be received or postmarked by Feb. 14, with nominees demonstrating exemplary behavior in one of the five categories:
* Good Samaritan: Goes out of their way to do for others without seeking recognition.
* Volunteerism: Lends a helping hand for the good of the community; gives their time and energy to a worthy cause or organization.
* Teamwork: Works unselfishly for the good of the team.
* Leadership and Civic Engagement: A natural leader who inspires others and works to make a difference in school and the community.
* Perseverance: Worked hard to overcome obstacles and achieve success.
Recipients will be recognized on March 31 at the 2020 Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors’ Cesar E. Chavez Celebration in Martinez.
Applications are available online and can be emailed to Amy Mockoski at email@example.com or via snail mail to Amy Mockoski, Contra Costa County Library, 777 Arnold Drive, Suite 210, Martinez, CA 94553.