It's been a turbulent year in the town of Danville and to commemorate the accomplishments achieved, as well as review the challenges that lie ahead, residents are invited to view the 2021 State of the Town and Community Awards.
Presented by the Danville Area Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the town of Danville, the virtual ceremony will feature Mayor Renee Morgan recapping the past year in Danville, while also outlining the challenges the town will need to confront in the coming months.
Keeping with tradition, the State of the Town address will also feature the Danville Community Awards, which will be given to the following recipients:
* Business of the Year - AR Workshop
* Businessperson of the Year - Kira Feick, Ignite HR Solutions
* Ambassadors of the Year - Lara George and Bob Landy
* Charitable Organization of the Year - I Can Do That! Performing Arts Center
* Citizen of the Year - Marcia Harmon, Cottage Jewel
* Employee of the Year - Diane Friedmann, town of Danville
Held virtually because of the ongoing pandemic and produced by Maria Cooper at Above and Beyond Productions, the 2021 State of the Town and Community Awards will be from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 1. Log-in information will be provided after purchasing a ticket, which cost $25 and can be purchased online.