Danville council candidate profile: Tony Adamich

Original post made on Oct 13, 2014

Downtown shop owner Tony Adamich is challenging for a seat on the Danville Town Council with a platform focused on representing the small business community, bringing creative problem-solving to the dais and improving the town's budget management.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, October 13, 2014, 5:12 PM

Posted by Derek
on Oct 13, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Thank you Jeremy and Gina for posting this article. The more coverage the better.

Posted by question ...
a resident of Blackhawk
on Oct 14, 2014 at 6:14 am

If there's too much money in the reserve fund, why not give some of it back?

There's a novel idea. I'd vote for that.

Posted by Herman Glates
on Oct 14, 2014 at 7:58 am

WHAT?? You want to cut the town reserve in half so you can give that tax money to struggling businesses? In other words, share the wealth.

Here’s an idea: Need money? Go earn it.

Stop taking money from me and other taxpayers and giving it to yourselves.

If your business can’t stand on its own two feet, you don’t deserve to be in business.

Tax money should be used on core public functions only. Roads & schools and such. Don’t give tax money to “Consignit Couture.”

And stop using words like “dais.” Makes you sound like a douche nozzle.

Posted by Peter
on Oct 14, 2014 at 8:44 am

Mr Glates: It is unfortunate that you resorted to name calling in an attempt to get your point across. We can disagree, but please let's do it in a civil manner.

I don't know Mr. Adamich and I don't know if I will vote for him. I certainly like his view on the SummerHill development, and I agree that the reserve should be reduced. However, I would prefer that the money be used for some infrastructure issues such as fixing the many potholes in our roads.

Posted by james, esq.
on Oct 14, 2014 at 9:57 am

It is refreshing to hear some new ideas. Regarding the Town's appeal in the lawsuit, for any given appeal, there is on average only a 10% chance of overturning the trial judge's decision. Thus, it is highly unlikely that the Council members will reverse their defeat in the SummerHill Homes case. They should have accepted their defeat, and acknowledged they were wrong about the public getting a vote on SummerHill's development.

Posted by Name hidden

on Oct 14, 2014 at 10:05 am

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?

Posted by Name hidden

on Oct 14, 2014 at 10:09 am

Posted by Name hidden

on Oct 14, 2014 at 10:14 am

Posted by Name hidden

on Oct 14, 2014 at 10:18 am

Posted by Tony Adamich
on Oct 14, 2014 at 10:27 am

To Jeremy at danvillesanramon.com

Jeremy, a sincere thank you for publishing our interview on your site. I feel it's terrific that you are objectively and fairly presenting everyone's perspective. One of the many items that I've enjoyed in this experience is a renewed belief in the political process and how a Danville resident that isn't part of the local political fraternity can be placed on the ballot and from reader comments be a viable candidate. Thanks again

Posted by curious
on Oct 14, 2014 at 10:34 am

Dear Julia:

When it didn't work the first three times you tried to post, what made you try the fourth time?

Don't answer that. (It won't work.)

Posted by Herman Glates
on Oct 14, 2014 at 10:44 am

I didn’t call anyone a name. Just said what I thought about the word “dais.”

I’m trying to help. So, good day to you.

I said good day!

Posted by Tony Adamich
on Oct 14, 2014 at 11:20 am

Peter and Herman.... no need to argue over the use of the word "dais" as it actually was the reporters, not mine.
Herman, I'm not back-peddling but I feel that the reserve can likely be used to address either one or many issues that the residents feel must be corrected in Danville. Helping to sustain small businesses during the redevelopment period is merely my day-to-day reality. Because the Town Council is a "group" I'd like to think that we would discuss a myriad of worthy topics and then decide what is best for Danville.
The primary takeaway I'd like readers to appreciate is that I'd minimally bring fresh thinking and a new perspective to a group that hasn't changed for years. There are many residents that value the long tenure of the current Town Council. I respect their opinion and actually urge that they vote for the incumbents on Nov 4, if you want a change vote for me.

Posted by Herman Glates
on Oct 14, 2014 at 11:52 am

I’m all for change, especially after what the Town Council did in Summer Hill.

But your idea of using taxpayer funds to “supplement or sustain the businesses” sounds too much like Obama.

That’s not the kind of change I’m looking for.

Posted by collins
on Oct 14, 2014 at 2:24 pm

As a 25+years resident of Denville, I have seen many changes, some of which I like and many of which I do not. It is my belief that the Town Council needs such a change. I like what you are saying, Mr. Adamich, especially about the "local political fraternity".

One of the things about my town that has been irking me is some of the changes to our Downtown. It appears that our beloved hotel is being destroyed, just as many of the trees have been.

Going forward, my hope is that this does not continue!

Best of luck to you!

Posted by KM
on Oct 15, 2014 at 8:13 am

I am going to vote for Tony, primarily because he is NOT one of the incumbents. The incumbents have not listened to the community about the Summerhill project and are using our taxpayer money to help the developer out - isn't that the same kinda thing that Herman is complaining about using taxpayer funds to help business? I'd much rather support our nice Danville downtown local businesses, which helps keep the downtown nice for all of us and adds value to the entire town, than to help Summerhill get what they want to build clustered houses too near an already way over-crowded Diablo Road.

Posted by Dan
on Nov 17, 2014 at 11:19 am

I don't know if Tony realized that he would have to recuse himself on issues regarding downtown businesses. Also, 'gift' of public funds to private business is against the law. You can't give businesses money to help them out. That would violate state law.