San Ramon Valley teachers rally in support of union negotiators

Original post made on Feb 16, 2019

Hundreds of teachers from the San Ramon Valley Education Association donned their red union colors and gathered at Dougherty Valley High School Friday afternoon, to show support for their collective bargaining team and rally support for the union.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, February 15, 2019, 3:50 PM

1 person likes this
Posted by Joseph Hearst
on Feb 16, 2019 at 4:45 pm

I just saw a write-up of the SRVUSD teachers' unhappiness and consideration of a possible strike. I knew nothing of this until I saw it in Google News. I suggest that someone send some sort of a letter to us residents on the subject.

5 people like this
Posted by rb
on Feb 16, 2019 at 7:11 pm

We support our local teachers.

13 people like this
Posted by Miso Soupee
on Feb 17, 2019 at 7:07 pm

I believe a strike is exactly what should happen. These teachers have gone through this for how many years now but because of the injustice and inequality they have been held back and muffled. It’s time to take a stand. Strike! Strike!

6 people like this
Posted by Albus Potter
on Feb 17, 2019 at 7:25 pm

I, as a former principal of a private school, Hallwarts, totally agree with the strike. Many of these comments such as Miso Soupee’s are very well written and I agree with them 100%. They do not get paid enough and don’t even do a good job in my opinion.

5 people like this
Posted by Hannah
on Feb 28, 2019 at 9:32 pm

I am a student at a high school. Some teachers deserve raise, but some teachers can’t teach for their life and don’t deserve a raise. I can tell you from personal experience: in some classes, everyone is confused, everyone fails the test, everyone is overwhelmed.

2 people like this
Posted by Professor McGonagall
on Mar 4, 2019 at 11:49 am

Replying to Hannah,

I know there are very wonderful teachers in our SRVUSD that make you feel for them and you know they deserve a raise. And yes, you are totally right there are some terrible teachers, protected by their tenure. If we pay our educators more it could make this field more competitive which would in turn attract better candidates and our schools would be full of really great educators, consistently. Right now, with the pay of teachers, it's not a very desirable job, so we don't get the cream of the crop.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Be the first to know

Get the latest headlines sent straight to your inbox every day.