Iron Horse Middle School ends lockdown instigated by graffiti threat

Original post made on Nov 7, 2019

Iron Horse Middle School was placed on lockdown for more than three hours Thursday in what school district officials called “an extreme abundance of caution” after graffiti threatening a shooting was found on a bathroom wall.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, November 7, 2019, 11:18 AM

15 people like this
Posted by Iron Horse Student
on Nov 7, 2019 at 3:51 pm

I am a seventh grade student at IHMS and was stuck on campus in my second period class for three hours. Most of my friends were afraid they were going to die today and were telling their parents how much they love them. A few kids had breakdowns, others threw up when they heard the news of the bathroom graffiti. I for one was terrified as most were and the teachers and staff were very brave through the tough time that was today. I have deep respect for the police and would like to thank them so much for keeping the school as safe as possible. I am so relieved that everyone got through this. I love my community and it is going to take more than one threat to take me and my friends down.

8 people like this
Posted by Barbara
on Nov 7, 2019 at 4:32 pm

@Iron Horse Student, thank you so much for giving us a first-person account of this scary experience. It sounds like you and your classmates dealt with it as well as possible, and your respect for the police is so refreshing. We are lucky to have young people like you living in our community!

5 people like this
Posted by Pine Valley Student
on Nov 7, 2019 at 6:20 pm

I go to pine valley not to far away from iron horse, my friends go there and this is very sad that it’s happening in our town, I hope that this does not countinue and you all stay safe!

2 people like this
Posted by Nick
on Nov 13, 2019 at 7:32 am

I understand the schools decision. Erring on the side of caution. I would think if someone was going to shoot up the school they would just do it. And not warn anyone ahead of time. Empty threats happen all the time, and scare the crap out of kids and parents.

Like this comment
Posted by Iron Horse Student
on Nov 14, 2019 at 8:59 pm

Another threat on our school... I am concerned for whoever keeps making threats to shoot up the school and think that they need help and support as well as more attention. Schools are supposed to be a safe place for students, but maybe they need to feel more safe themselves. I hope that the other students and I stay safe and this in another empty threat like Nick thought.

2 people like this
Posted by Iron horse other student
on Nov 14, 2019 at 9:58 pm

i am a 6th grade students at IHMS
i was stuck in my 2nd period class which was core for 5hours!!
i didnt have my lunch until 6th period
my friends and I were scared we were going to die and ere texting out parents I love you.
my class never knew what was happening because our teacher refuses to tell us and we were all calm until we had police men escort us to the bathrooms!!

my mum texted me the we while we were still in the lockdown and my whole class found out and we freaked. I am happy we never god shot and were safe. thank to all the police!

the person who did that is very concerning