Sheriff's deputy from Danville, Oscar Rocha, dies from COVID-19 | Town Square | DanvilleSanRamon.com |

Sheriff's deputy from Danville, Oscar Rocha, dies from COVID-19

Original post made on Jul 25, 2020

The Alameda County Sheriff's Office is mourning Deputy Oscar Rocha, a nearly 25-year department veteran from Danville who died on Thursday evening from complications caused by COVID-19.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, July 24, 2020, 7:15 PM

11 people like this
Posted by Allyson Pesce
on Jul 25, 2020 at 3:02 pm

I wish the Rocha family love and peace during this difficult time. I pray to god that the truth and honor of Oscar will be carried on forever. Knowing the Rocha family my entire life, I can say without a doubt what an incredible family man Oscar was. Such a great loss to this world. God bless.

9 people like this
Posted by Mary Jo
a resident of another community
on Jul 26, 2020 at 6:14 pm

Whoa, I’m so sad to see that there is so much discord between families. May
Mr. Rocha Rest In Peace always and thank you for your servIce Deputy Rocha.

1 person likes this
Posted by Nick
on Jul 26, 2020 at 11:07 pm

sad, but can you tell us what illnesses he as suffering from prior so we don't all panic that perfectly healthy people can die from this... assuming he was vented? That's problem #1

11 people like this
Posted by Kjgamble
on Jul 27, 2020 at 7:34 am

To my knowledge there were no preexisting conditions. He told me he was feeling sick but not bedridden, and that the cough was most annoying. This was right before he was admitted. Oscar ended up calling 911 himself. He held out going to the hospital way too long. That’s what happened. Otherwise he was in decent shape and healthy so far as I’m aware.

16 people like this
Posted by Observer
a resident of another community
on Jul 27, 2020 at 6:17 pm

I thought it was strange how excited Maureen got to be on tv and how elated her posts became every time a reporter mentioned her on the internet or tv. She used to work in radio and when I saw her giving an interview I thought this woman is just eating all this up because she likes being in the public eye. That was my impression and now I’m reading all these posts saying she’s a narcissist. Totally makes sense. God rest your soul Oscar, I’m So sorry this happened to you.

6 people like this
Posted by Reader
on Jul 27, 2020 at 6:46 pm

@Nick. Perfectly healthy people CAN die of COVID. Wear your mask and use good judgement.

In order to encourage respectful and thoughtful discussion, commenting on stories is available to those who are registered users. If you are already a registered user and the commenting form is not below, you need to log in. If you are not registered, you can do so here.

Please make sure your comments are truthful, on-topic and do not disrespect another poster. Don't be snarky or belittling. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

See our announcement about requiring registration for commenting.

Get fact-based reporting on the COVID-19 crisis sent to your inbox daily.

Traffic Lights for the Whole Family
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 2,032 views

Pivoting and piloting science programs to serve students and families

Grad School: Considerations for College Students