Meet the Danville Town Council candidates

Original post made on Oct 8, 2020

It's a crowded field of candidates for the Danville Town Council election and to help local voters make an informed decision, DanvilleSanRamon.com would like voters to meet their local candidates.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 10:34 PM

10 people like this
Posted by Parent and Voter
on Oct 8, 2020 at 8:31 am

Parent and Voter is a registered user.

I have attended Danville Council meetings over some key issues in the past couple of years.
The ONLY incumbent that I would vote for is Renee Morgan who has not always voted with the majority of members. She is independent and actually represents us.

Establishment Arnerich has attempted to run for higher office, using his current position as a springboard, but failed. He has name recognition with all the signs but I think we have better options.

Kevin Traylor also gets my vote. I like his strong background and he would represent our community rather than himself. If I only had one vote then Kevin Traylor would get it.

My third vote would go to either Allen Timmons, who supports fighting Sacramento's Big Growth/High Density agenda OR Turner Stanton.

The other candidate are underwhelming or have strong ties to the establishment ... in my opinion.

Like this comment
Posted by Jennifer Lahl
on Oct 8, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Jennifer Lahl is a registered user.

My husband and I had the pleasure of bumping into Mr. Elsherbini the other night when we were out for dinner in Danville. We had a great chat with him and his vision for our city. He has our vote and we've put a sign in our front yard to tell our neighbors we support him.

5 people like this
Posted by phyllis heister
on Oct 8, 2020 at 5:33 pm

phyllis heister is a registered user.

My son Dr. Allen Timmons possess great leadership abilities, but as a first time candidate he is somewhat remiss in stating his qualifications.. He is a graduate in Industrial Engineering from Ohio University, he holds a masters degree from Oklahoma State University and a PHD from Phoenix University. He has held positions in the plastic and automobile Industries. He has founded and operated two pizza businesses (one in Oklahoma, and one in Texas). He currently owns and operates a Wire Company in San Francisco. He is a veteran who has served his country. He is the father of five daughters and five grandchildren. His wide business experience has exposed him to many issues that not only "trouble" Danville, but our country. After many years of complaining he has finally (at family urging ) decided to be a part of the solution in helping to resolve many of the issues Danville is facing.

5 people like this
Posted by Jennifer Lahl
on Oct 9, 2020 at 7:33 am

Jennifer Lahl is a registered user.

Phyllis, your son, Allen Timmons has my vote!!

11 people like this
Posted by Afsoon
on Oct 9, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Afsoon is a registered user.

Every once a while you come across someone genuine, honest, sincere and passionate about his friends and neighbors. He dedicates his life and time to serve the community that he is part of. Let me introduce you to one of those great guys. My husband, Nasser is a true leader with all the right characters and experiences to represent us as a new Town Council. He is sincere and has always volunteered for good causes. The things that set him apart which we need the most are integrity, transparency and excellent listening skills. I endorse Nasser for City Council and I would like for your support.

8 people like this
Posted by Phil
on Oct 15, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Phil is a registered user.

We wrote Nasser asking for his platform and ideas for Danville. He went above and beyond to setup a Zoom meeting and spent time to listen to our concerns and answer our questions. We checked his web site www.nasser4daville.com and found out that his message is in line with his passion for Danville. At this point, we are confident that he is ready to put his words into action and we have voted for him already. We have placed one of his signs in yard showing our support.

5 people like this
Posted by Parent and Voter
on Oct 17, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Parent and Voter is a registered user.

I am filing out my ballot today and had already chosen Kevin Traylor and Renee Morgan for my first two selections. I appreciate the additional background information about Dr. Allen Timmons. It is impressive and Timmons gets my third vote...

5 people like this
Posted by Matt and Gabel Horsley
on Oct 17, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Matt and Gabel Horsley is a registered user.

Looking forward to having someone with fresh insights to a make positive impact on our town. We need new leadership. Nasser is genuine, sincere and dedicated. His platform is well thought out. That is why we plan to vote for him.

Like this comment
Posted by Bruce B.
on Oct 19, 2020 at 4:16 pm

Bruce B. is a registered user.

Anyone who campaigns as opposed to the the Magee Preserve Development does not get my vote. It was passed by a referendum of Danville voters. Consequently, those candidates will not represent the majority of Danville voters, only their own special interests. Pay attention to the candidate statements.

In order to encourage respectful and thoughtful discussion, commenting on stories is available to those who are registered users. If you are already a registered user and the commenting form is not below, you need to log in. If you are not registered, you can do so here.

Please make sure your comments are truthful, on-topic and do not disrespect another poster. Don't be snarky or belittling. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

See our announcement about requiring registration for commenting.

Get the most important local news stories sent straight to your inbox daily.

Premarital and Couples: I’m not getting what I need. How can I get him/her to change?
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,435 views