Rally against COVID mandates draws eyes, honks in downtown Danville

Original post made on Jan 26, 2022

Drivers honked and revved their engines in support of demonstrators protesting against COVID-19 mask and vaccine requirements while gathered for more than two hours in the heart of downtown Danville on Sunday afternoon.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, January 24, 2022, 3:21 PM

Posted by Malcolm Hex
on Jan 26, 2022 at 8:48 am

Malcolm Hex is a registered user.

Best of all, the demonstration was peaceful - regardless of whether we agree or disagree with the cause.

Posted by tomdanville
on Jan 27, 2022 at 7:01 am

tomdanville is a registered user.

peaceful except for the fact that they weren't wearing masks and yelling, thus spreading Covid all over the place

Posted by Malcolm Hex
on Jan 27, 2022 at 10:13 am

Malcolm Hex is a registered user.

@ Tomdanville

Do you wear your mask in your automobile ? I’m willing to bet you do. Just remember, you can’t catch Covid from a car.

Posted by tomdanville
on Jan 27, 2022 at 3:57 pm

tomdanville is a registered user.

I don't wear my mask in my car. Why do you think I do? I also don't wear my mask when I am dining with friends. But since I respect other peoples health, the wishes of businesses and believe in science I do wear a mask in public settings with large crowds with people I dont know, when I go to Warriors games, on planes and other close quarters. Most Patriotic Americans act that way. How about you Mr Hex?

Posted by Malcolm Hex
on Jan 27, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Malcolm Hex is a registered user.

@ Tomdanville

Thomas of Danvillia stated the following: “Most patriotic Americans act that way.”

Act? Which way is that? Are you saying that those demonstrators are unpatriotic? If that’s the case, then the US Supreme Court must be unpatriotic too. After all, the Biden administration recently withdrew the Covid vaccine mandate for businesses after losing their case.

Oh, and since you like the NBA, Kyrie Irving is unvaccinated and therefore ineligible to play at home because of a local mandate in New York State. So, is Irving unpatriotic too? But th, th, that ain’t all, folks!

The NBA and Communist China make an interesting couple, don’t they? China pays the NBA millions of dollars (ask LeBron) while it’s fellow countrymen are locked up in internment camps.

As of 2020, it was estimated that Chinese authorities may have detained up to 1.8 million people, mostly Uyghurs but also including Kazakhs, Kyrgyz and other ethnic Turkic Muslims, Christians, as well as some foreign citizens including Kazakhstanis, in these secretive internment camps located throughout the region.

China is the most significant growth market for the NBA and already accounts for nearly 10% of the league's global revenue. The NBA sees China as crucial to its financial future.

[Removed]

Posted by tomdanville
on Jan 28, 2022 at 9:01 am

tomdanville is a registered user.

Gina M Channell, Publisher does this warrant a cut off based on sniping or since Mr Hex is advocating a right leaning point of view you will keep it going, just want to check before I respond

Posted by Gina M Channell, Publisher
on Jan 28, 2022 at 12:56 pm

Gina M Channell, Publisher is a registered user.

The thread has devolved into two people sniping at each other and will be closed.